The sunshine has arrived and holidays are just around the corner. To make the most of the great outdoors this summer, we have put together a step-by-step guide to make your own beach bag from a pair of place mats. Choose any decorations you wish – we decided to use rainbow coloured chevron fabric on our bag.
Once you have created your masterpiece, pack it up with your essentials and head to the beach to enjoy the best of the weather this season. Don't forget to match it with a sun hat a pair of flip flops and more.
You will need:
- A pair of scissors
- A glue gun
- A needle and cotton
- 2 x straw placemats
- Colourful ric rac (we used a range of rainbow colours: pink, orange, yellow, green and blue)
- 2 x leather bag handles – 55cm
- 8 x double cap rivets
How to make your straw beach bag:
- Using the glue gun, attach each length of coloured ricrac to one of the placemats in equally spaced circular shapes, starting from the outside edge and working your way inwards.
- Leave for at least half an hour to ensure the glue sets.
- To fix the handles to the bag use the scissors to cut two small holes at the top of the placemat, one an inch above the other on either side. Repeat this step on the second placemat.
- Line the handles up with the holes you have created and push the rivets through, securing in place with the glue gun.
- Lay the decorated placemat on top of the plain one, lining the handles up. Thread the needle with the cotton and using a whip stitch, sew the two pieces together to create the bag.
- Now the bag is finished, it's time to head to the beach!
A little girl is never fully dressed without matching accessories! Mix and match your cute new bag with some of our coolest summer picks...
In the shade ...
There's just one thing missing ... no summer outfit is good to go without a pair of shades. Not only do they look cool but they help to protect little eyes from the sun's glare.
This season we're super-excited about designer Chloés cute new sunglasses range for girls. Perfectly picked for your mini-me, each pair has the classic, chic Chloé aesthetic in their signature, neutral colour palette.
Shop the entire collection of Chloé's designer sunglasses for girls
Share your creations
We'd love to see your fun DIY beach bags and how you accessorise them – remember to tag us - #DressedbyCS - in your photos on Instagram for a chance to be featured.
Что вы думаете об этой статье?