Terms & Conditions
We are Childrensalon Ltd.
We operate the website at childrensalon.com (the "Site").
Childrensalon Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04997666. Our registered office is 9 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UL, England. Our registered VAT number is 284999522. If you need to contact us, see our Contact us page.
Childrensalon Limited is part of the Childrensalon Group. For some countries your order maybe be fulfilled by another company in the group, Beatrice and George Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11061913, VAT number 284999522.
Ordering Products From the Site
When you place an order via the Site for a product, we will send you an order confirmation email listing each product you have requested to buy and an estimated delivery or collection date for those items. Our order confirmation email is not acceptance of your order by us.
Once payment has been made for the products you have ordered, we will arrange for the products to be delivered to you or made ready for collection (depending on which option you select when placing your order) and to send you a dispatch/ready for collection email. This email confirms that your order has been accepted by us and that a contract is formed.
Where products are dispatched/made ready for collection separately, our acceptance of your offer in respect of each product takes place when we dispatch such product/make such product available for collection.
We reserve the right not to accept your order. This may occur where we are unable to obtain authorisation for payment, shipping restrictions apply to a particular item, or the item ordered is out of stock or does not satisfy our quality control standards and is withdrawn.
Price and Payment
The price of any products will be as quoted on our Site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. These prices are shown in GBP, Euro or USD and include UK VAT (if applicable) but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due. See our Delivery Policy for more information on this.
If you have selected an alternative country where UK VAT is not chargeable because the product is to be exported from the UK to a non-EU country, or if you have selected a product where VAT is not chargeable, then VAT is automatically excluded from your purchase. If you are ordering from the EU then VAT be included in the price where appropriate.
All prices and offers remain valid as advertised from time to time. The price of a product requested for payment on the Site at the time of order is accepted and will be honoured, except in cases of obvious error or if there is legal reason why we cannot honour the order at that price.
Prices shown in any currency other than Payment Currency may be an approximation at the existing currency exchange rate. In this case, the final price you pay will be calculated in accordance with the applicable exchange rate on the day your card issuer processes the transaction. Please note that we do not have any control over how much your card issuer may charge for such transactions.
Import duty or tax costs may be invoiced to you directly from an import broker appointed by us, your local courier company, your national Government or any local Government or controlling body that has the power to raise such duties or taxes in accordance with the law in your country. We have no control over how much tax or duty any such body may charge and we recommend that you contact your local customs authority to determine a landed cost price prior to completing your purchase.
We are unable to offer price adjustment on items originally purchased in a sale or on any special promotion items that are temporarily reduced in price. Once an item has been purchased at a discounted sale price, no price adjustment will be offered should the item be further reduced.
Promotion codes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Furthermore, they cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided.
We accept payment via the payment methods shown in our FAQs.
By placing an order on the Site, you confirm that the payment details provided by you are valid and that, if you are using a credit/debit card, it belongs to you or you have been specifically authorised by the owner of the credit/debit card to use it. You confirm that when your order is accepted and processed by us, payment will be made in full.
Availability of Products
We will always try to fulfil orders, but our only responsibility to you where a product is no longer available, or if we are unable to supply a particular product for whatever reason, is to make sure we do not charge you for the product.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability, and items in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers.
With our prior written permission, it may be possible for you to hold an order for later purchase. If we give that permission we will do our best to prevent that item being sold to another customer but we cannot guarantee it. In all cases, holding orders will be subject to a limited amount of time.
We do not accept advance payment for out of stock items but you may choose to use a feature of the Site (if it is available for the product in question) to register your email address with us for notification of arrival of the selected merchandise not held in stock.
If you have registered your email address for notification of the arrival of a specific product shown on our Site, we will attempt to notify you by email within 24 hours of the product becoming available on the Site. On occasion certain products that are in particularly high demand may sell out during this period. The notification to you of the returning stock does not imply that the product is being held for you.
We will store a record of your transactions for a minimum of one year subject to any unforeseen event. You may view your purchases in your account up to, and usually beyond, this time. If you do not wish us to store a record of your purchases in your account please Contact us to discuss.
Instagram Stories competition
Childrensalon Ltd (company no. 04997666) whose registered office is at 9 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UL, England.
- Employees of Childrensalon Ltd. or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Instagram direct message.
- Closing date for entry will be 10am 16/12/2017. After this time and date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Direct message the Childrensalon Instagram account with either the word ‘Boy’ or ‘Girl’
- Childrensalon reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Childrensalon’s control. Childrensalon will notify any changes to the competition to entrants as soon as possible.
- Childrensalon is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Delivery of prize not guaranteed to be before 25/12/2017
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered.
- Winners will be chosen at random by Childrensalon from all entries received and verified by Childrensalon and / or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the original winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Childrensalon will notify the winner when and where the prize will be delivered.
- Childrensalon’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- English law will govern the competition and these terms and conditions and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winners’ names (at Childrensalon’s absolute and sole discretion) will be recorded by Childrensalon and available on request.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, you are giving consent to be subscribed to the Childrensalon newsletter.
- By entering this competition you agree to share to the best of your ability tagged and linked images and / or video about winning, your prize and / or your unboxing of the prize on delivery to your social media platforms or blog to promote brand awareness of Childrensalon to your followers.
Delivery and Collection
Your order will be delivered by Childrensalon Limited. You will be the importer for all international deliveries of products. Therefore, before placing an order for a product, please check that your import of any products complies with any applicable import regulations, and that there are no local requirements or restrictions which may affect receipt of your products.
Childrensalon insures products during the time they are in transit until they are delivered to your specified delivery address. Childrensalon (or their delivery agent) requires a signature for any goods delivered, at which point responsibility for your purchased products passes to you. If you have specified a recipient who is not you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that delivery address) is evidence of delivery and fulfilment by Childrensalon and transfer of responsibility in the same way.
Delivery dates are estimated from the point of dispatch and are not guaranteed. We are not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes.
You have the right to cancel your order, provided you give us written notice within 21 days after you receive a product.
If you cancel your order you must return the product to us, including all branded packaging. You have a duty to take good care of the products while they are in your possession.
You can still try the product on or inspect it to see if it is right for you, but we ask that you treat our products with the same care as you would in our store. Please try to keep the tags on, do not remove hygiene seals or stickers and retain the original packaging (including authenticity cards, dust bags and leather tags) as neatly as you can.
You will be responsible for the cost of sending the product back to us if you change your mind. If we do not receive the product back we may arrange for collection of the product from you at your cost.
To let us know you have changed your mind and wish to cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com. Please keep a copy of your cancellation email. Once you have emailed us, please follow the instructions in Delivery and Returns on how to return the product to us.
We will issue you with a refund within 30 days of cancellation or receipt of the return item:
- If your order is cancelled before shipment, we will issue you with a full refund including any delivery charge.
- If your order is returned by you after dispatch, we will issue you with a full refund of the product cost. You will normally be responsible for all import charges (if not a UK or EU order), delivery and return postal charges (except as required by UK or EU law) unless the product was found to be faulty or we made a mistake.
We issue refunds via the payment method you used to place the order. If you would like to exchange your product(s) rather than be issued with a refund, please see our Returns FAQ.
Our Responsibility to You
We have taken every care in the preparation of the material on our Site. However, the material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or suitability for any particular purpose.
If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site to carry out routine or emergency work. We will not be responsible if for any reason our Site is unavailable.
If we are in breach of these T&Cs, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you order the relevant product or the time you otherwise use the Site.
These limitations and exclusions do not affect your statutory rights and only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. Nothing in these T&Cs shall limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
Your Use of The Site
"childrensalon" is a registered trade mark.
You are licensed to use the material on the Site on a very limited basis: just to use the Site as intended and in accordance with these T&Cs for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any part of our Site.
You may not create a link to this Site from another website or document without our prior written consent.
Some areas of the Sites allow you to enter content. Please ensure that your content ("Content") does not include any content which breaches intellectual property rights or confidentiality, or which is illegal (for example, offensive content).
We reserve the right to refuse to post Content on the Site or to remove Content already posted on the Site.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We may revise and amend these T&Cs from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us or otherwise use the Site.
These T&Cs are subject exclusively to English law. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. Any court proceedings must take place in England or Wales.
LAST UPDATED: 1st March 2017