#SafeAtHome | Baking Chickpea Muffins with @arangoirene, Irene Arango
Irene is a lifestyle blogger and plant-based chef. Originally from Spain, Irene grew up in Argentina before moving to London 12 years ago. Mum to Ariana and Oliver, Irene runs a vegan restaurant in London called NAMA.
Irene's passion for cooking keeps her busy both at work and in home, where she enjoys sharing her recipes and baking with her children. In the second installment of our live Instagram takeovers with Irene, she shows us how to make quick and easy, yummy chickpea muffins that children will love.
- You will need -
- 2 cups chickpea flour (or plain flour)
- 2 cups water
- 2.5 cups chopped vegetables (use any about to expire in your fridge or choose your favourite)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
Optional for flavour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (or cheese for a non-vegan recipe)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- Any herbs of choice
- Our favourite flavour combinations -
1. Tomato, spinach and corn
2. Cooked sweet potato, peas and corn
3. Courgette, tomato and leek
4. Bell peppers, onions and corn
- How to make your chickpea muffins -
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Put your veggie combination in a bowl, add the chickpea flour and optional flavours such as veggie stock and nutritional yeast. Add the baking powder, water, oil and mix well.
- Pour the liquid batter into an oiled muffin tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes before tipping onto a cooling rack.
If you liked Irene's chickpea muffins, try her banana bread recipe
Что вы думаете об этой статье?