Make customised tassel sandals
Tassels and pom-pom accents are this summer's cutest boho-style trend for little girls.
We took a simple pair of sandals and customised them with tassels that we made ourselves, to show you how easy it is to create your own unique beach or festival-ready sandals.
YOU WILL NEED:
• A pair of plain sandals
• Different coloured skeins of embroidery thread* (we used three colours)
• Gold metallic embroidery thread
• A glue gun
• A pair of scissors
* A skein is a small bundle of six-strand embroidery thread with a standard measurement of 8 metres.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR TASSEL SANDALS:
To make the tassels:
• Start by taking your embroidery skein and cut it in half. Each skein makes two tassels.
• Carefully pull a strand of thread from the bundle and tie a knot in the middle of your tassel to get the loop at the top.
• Fold it in half again to make it half the size and secure the top with gold thread (about 1cm from the top).
• Trim the end of each tassel so they are neat, making sure each tassel is the same length (ours mesaured approx 4cm in length).
Attaching the tassels:
• Mark a dot on the sandals in pen where you want each tassel to go, making sure they are evenly spaced out (we put five tassels on the bottom and seven on the top, however this will vary depending on the style and size of the sandals).
• Finally, stick the tassels in place with a glue gun, alternating the colours.
On Fatherhood: Father's Day Interview
Ahead of Father's day we caught up with globetrotting blogger Greg Stanton, actor Aaron Sidwell and former pop star, turned award-winning farmer JB Gill and their cute mini-mes, to discuss what it means to them.
Interview with Emily Carey
In advance of her Hollywood film debut, we caught up with actress Emily Carey who plays the young Wonder Woman.