Make an Easter Basket
Using a simple plastic pot and wooden popsicle sticks, we show you how to make cute Easter baskets that can be filled with chocolate eggs, flowers or any gift of your choice.
YOU WILL NEED:
• A plastic spherical container (we used a 1kg white yoghurt pot with a 15cm circumference - you need to be aware that whatever colour you choose will show through)
• Wooden popsicle sticks (we used 18 at 2cm width, x 15cm height)
• Paint colours of your choice (we chose pastel shades and white)
• Length of ribbon to decorate (we used 48cm around the pot)
• Twine for the handle (we used 20cm)
• Paint brushes
• Score knife and score board*
• Glue gun
• Optional: Depending on the size of the gift you wish to put inside, you may wish to add a filler - we chose shredded paper.
*It's important that these are used under the supervision of an adult
HOW TO MAKE YOUR EASTER BASKETS:
• Cut off the rim of the yoghurt pot wth the score knife.
• If you are painting your sticks in two different colours, paint one half in one colour and the other half in the other colour. Leave these to dry - you will need to paint both sides of the stick.
• Glue the twine to the inside of the pot to make the handle.
• Once the sticks are dry, glue each one vertically to the pot in alternate colours. When doing this, you need to leave a very small gap at the top of the basket if your pot is tapered, otherwide they won't fit evenly all the way round.
• Tie the piece of ribbon around the top of the pot for decoration.
• Fill the pots with the gift of your choice (with or without the optional filler)
Interview with Michaela Alexander
In celebration of World Book Day 2017, we caught up with award-winning author of Miles & Mia A-Z, Michaela Alexander.
How to: Make love bug cards
Using our downloadable template, we show you how to make cute Valentine's day cards that children can give to friends and family.