Go Organic with Madeleine Shaw | Recipe: Mexican Sweet Potato Boats
Madeleine Shaw is a leading voice on the wellness scene. She is a nutritional therapist, bestselling cookery writer, qualified yoga instructor and mum.
Over the last five years she has transformed a simple food blog into a wellness community, with over 700k fans across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Now an established voice on the UK wellness scene, Madeleine posts inspiring content, encouraging them to 'get the glow' by taking a balanced and holistic approach to their health
Her delicious, fail-safe, recipes, combined with her nutritional knowledge and health tips, have meant she has become a go-to resource.
As an advocate of organic produce, Madeleine shares with us one of her favourite recipes for children, which is not only yummy to eat but fun to look at and is the perfect dish for play dates.
Mexican Sweet Potato Boats | Serves 4
Head to our Instagram channel on Tuesday 15th September at 3.30pm GMT to make the recipe live with Madeleine | HERE
Madeleine says ...
"Eating organic is something I've always prioritised for myself, so when I'm feeding my son Shay I've always tried to make sure as much of what he eats as possible is organic too. Organic ingredients are ingredients which are grown without pesticides, as nature intended. Children are even more susceptible to the potential toxicity of chemicals and a growing body of research suggests that feeding your children organic produce is superior for healthy development. I also prioritise buying organic produce so that I can support local and small scale farmers who are putting effort into growing produce organically which is more expensive and time consuming but in turn delivers healthier and often more delicious ingredients to turn into delicious and nourishing food for the whole family ... "
- YOU WILL NEED -
- 1 x knife
- 1 x chopping board
- 2 x big bowls
- 1 x baking tray
- INGREDIENTS -
For the Potato Boats
- 4 x sweet potatoes
- 1 x tin sweet corn
- 1 x tin black beans
- 2 x finely chopped spring onions
- 1 x red pepper finely chopped
- 1 x minced garlic clove
- 1 x tsp cumin
- 1 x tsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of salt
For the Guacamole
- 2 x avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 x beef tomato
- A pinch of salt
- How to make your Mexican Sweet Potato Boats -
- Preheat oven to 220° C, prick the potatoes with a fork
- Place then on the baking tray in the oven and cook them 40 minutes until soft
- Cut each one in half and scoop out the middle
- Mix the insides with the spices, black beans, spring onion, peppers and sweetcorn
- Spoon the mix back into the potatoes and put back in the oven for 10 minutes
- Make your guacamole using the ingredients above. Finely chop the beef tomato, roughly mash the avocado and mix in the lime juice, adding a pinch of salt.
- Top the sweet potato boats with the guacamole and serve
All images by @madeleine_shaw_
Follow Madeleine Shaw | Instagram
Was halten Sie von diesem Artikel?