Digital and Marketing
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is an award-winning, forward-thinking British childrenswear destination with family at its heart.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. Everything we do is inspired by our core values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage, still with a commitment to exceptional personal service and dressing children beautifully.
Due to internal progression we are looking for a full time SEO Manager to join our fast-paced Digital and Marketing team.
You will report into the Senior Acquisition Manager and will work closely with the rest of the Digital & Marketing team. You will take ownership of defining and executing the global SEO strategy. You’ll have an excellent understanding of SEO with extensive experience within the SEO industry and a drive to continually learn and develop.
You will manage and develop the SEO team, mentoring junior team members and building the team long term to best support your strategy. You will be approachable and collaborative, building strong working relationships with your own team and across the business. This role requires an individual who can make strong business cases for SEO projects and get buy in from key stakeholders. An advocate for SEO, making it easy to understand and empahsising its revenue opportunities.
Accountable for KPI’s to achieve or exceed these through execution of your strategy. Conducting regular site audits for speed, best practice adherence and ensuring we are always aware of algorithm updates as soon as possible. You will be highly analytical and provide insights across the business based on keyword research to help inform not only content but trends, valuable brands etc.
- Responsible for developing the SEO strategy for childrensalon.com and childrensalonoutlet.com and ensuring all plans / projects are delivered
- Lead organic growth initiatives with clear KPI’s and communication
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO knowledge and strategy, latest search engine updates and industry news
- Collaborate with other teams and departments across the business and share SEO knowledge and insights - including educational workshops for relevant teams, ensuring they’re adhering to best practice
- Guide & support content and digital teams through keyword research & insights
- Mentor junior team members progression with one-to-one support, training and external event opportunities
- Undertake KPI Reports for various projects with actionable insights
- Day to day optimisation
- Keyword tracking
- Metadata updates
- Blog optimisation
- Team management
- Search Console analysis
- Google Analytics analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Oversee Outreach and Link building strategies
- Working with the wider business to develop and optimise content and campaigns
- Lead the technical optimisation of the site and create clear and actionable briefs for developers
- Prioritise projects based on outcomes and revenue - monitor and report these to demonstrate value of work & team
- Editorial - ensuring content is relevant and meeting KPIs
- Product Copy - to share keyword insights and maximise rankings
- Digital & Marketing - to provide insights for seasonal campaigns and edits
- Outreach - to help deliver a solid link building tactical execution
- CPC - to optimise ad keyword targeting and save ad spend
- Development - to ensure technical SEO projects are being delivered for the year
- Buying and Merchandising - to share key insights and trends
- Ecommerce - to inform keyword research to drive decisions for categories
- Translations - optimising the international sites for their relevant languages
- Automation reporting with Web Analytics & BI Teams
To be successful you will need:
- Experience of SEO at a senior level within current / previous roles
- Experience managing junior team members
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to demonstrate a passion and drive to learn more about SEO
- Positive attitude to new challenges
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills
- Team player
- Ability to effectively communicate to leadership and senior management
- Extensive Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Console
- Experience with SEO software (including SEMRush, Oncrawl, Ahrefs etc.)
- A degree qualification in any discipline
- An excellent understanding of International SEO
- Experience with SEO for a large ecommerce company
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for Merchandising. Previous applicants need not apply.