Senior Product Developer/ Buyer
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for an experienced Senior Product Developer/Buyer to join our Own Label team.
As a new and growing part of the business, we are looking for someone to help drive the business forward who demonstrates a strong commercial understanding coupled with extensive product knowledge. You will be a proactive, solutions driven team player.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells
- Identify and develop seasonal product strategies which focus on performance, customer requirements and current and future market trends inline with the DNA of the brand.
- Build the critical path and ensure dates are met through-out the development process.
- Work alongside Design to ensure the range meets strategic objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Merchandising on strategic planning and trading to maximise profit and manage markdown spend.
- Source, select and negotiate with suppliers to obtain optimum product and meet target prices.
- Ensure fabric qualities, colours, embroideries, prints, trims & labelling, packaging meet business requirements.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers to maintain and improve profitability and quality of product range.
- Oversee the management of the critical path carrying out approvals and fits, dealing with any queries, to ensure shipment dates are met and availability is maximised.
- Management of direct reports, ensuring team development and training needs are met.
- Minimum 5 years in Product Development/Buying with team management experience
- Childrenswear product development/buying experience preferable
- Product-driven, with a strong eye for product, detail, and emerging trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and a team player
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills
- Strong influencing skills for internal and external stakeholder
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for Merchandising. Previous applicants need not apply.