Digital and Marketing
Mid-Weight UX Designer
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is an award-winning, forward-thinking British childrenswear destination with family at its heart.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. Everything we do is inspired by our core values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage, still with a commitment to exceptional personal service and dressing children beautifully.
We are a creative and innovative online fashion retail company that is growing quickly. We’re looking for a talented User-Experience (UX) Designer to join our team. You will either have a degree or equivalent qualification in UX Design and 2-3 year’s commercial experience working for an agency or in-house with a portfolio to support this.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX Designer that will be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes. The UX Designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate our UX vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, new functions and features.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to empathise with users to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet UX needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practises to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesising abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work autonomously while dealing with a heavy workload, multi-tasking, taking ownership and accountability and delivering ahead of expectations
- Ability to build bridges across teams
To be successful you will need to be able to do the following
- Speak and write clearly and concisely
- Be able to present opinions to your peers
- Use appropriate body language
- Be proactive when communicating
Analytical and creative thinking
- Push boundaries in solving problems
- Simplify problems into parts
Orientation to learn
- Vigorously pursue your own development
- Always be willing to accept new or extra work to stretch your abilities
Managing relations and teamwork
- Build strong internal and external relationships
- Actively participate in team working
- Build bridges where none existed before
- Treat others with courtesy
Drive for results
- Have a can-do attitude
- Deliver ahead of expectations
- Take ownership and accountability
- Put in a sustained effort
Resilience and flexibility
- Positively embrace new ways of working
- Challenge the status quo
- Be consistently positive
Planning and organising
- Set clear challenges/targets for yourself
- Prioritise demand to make efficient use of resources
- Effectively deal with problems
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.