Merchandise Administrative Assistant
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are now recruiting for a full time Merchandise Administrative Assistant to join our Merchandising team. You will be supporting the wider merchandising team in the smooth running of the product critical path, from initial buy to liaising with brands to get the stock into the warehouse, ensuring we are getting the right stock at the right time and at the right price. In your role you will provide administrative support to the department by analysing reports relating to sales, markdown and margin as well as liaising with our suppliers and the warehouse to ensure stock arrives into the business on time.
This role will be reporting into an Assistant Merchandiser on our branded team and requires good interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with multiple suppliers. Branded experience would be ideal but not necessary.
- Generate brand and ad hoc reports to analyse and help the team pull together key learns to help buy smarter in the future.
- Monitoring and maintaining accurate delivery schedules.
- Monitoring and chasing for outstanding deliveries.
- Generating and analysing sell-through information.
- Updating cost and global retail prices.
- Updating internal systems with relevant supplier information.
- Collating sale restrictions from brands
- Be aware and continuously review competitor markdown activity and pricing differences.
- Building effective working relationship with Buying counterpart.
- Optimising communication links within in the business in particular logistics and marketing.
- Deputise for the Assistant Merchandiser when required.
- Support Merchandising team with other duties where necessary.
- An aptitude for maths and analysis
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Good time management
- Good written and verbal communication in English
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.