Merchandise Administrative Assistant
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are now recruiting for a full time Merchandise Administrative Assistant to join our Merchandising and Own Brand teams. You will be supporting the wider team in the smooth running of the product critical path, from initial buy to liaising with brands to get the stock into the warehouse, ensuring we are getting the right stock at the right time and at the right price.
In your role you will provide administrative support to the department by analysing reports relating to sales, markdown and margin as well as liaising with our suppliers and the warehouse to ensure stock arrives into the business on time.
This role will be reporting into an Assistant Merchandiser and requires good interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Previous experience in retail merchandising experience would be beneficial to the role.
- Generate reports to analyse and help the team pull together key learns to help buy smarter in the future.
- Monitoring and maintaining accurate delivery schedules and communicating with suppliers and brands.
- Analysing sales history, sell-through information, rate of sale and best and worst sellers, reporting back to wider team at all levels within the business
- Updating internal systems with relevant supplier and product information ensuring cost and global retail prices are aligned.
- Building effective working relationship with Buying counterparts
- Liaising with suppliers & brands regarding replenishment, including checking order confirmations and resolving discrepancies
- Optimising communication links within in the business in particular logistics, visual merchandising and marketing.
- Awareness of competitor markdown activity and global pricing differences.
- Deputise for the Assistant Merchandiser when required.
- Support Merchandising team with other duties where necessary.
- Experience within a retail merchandising environment would be beneficial
- An aptitude for Maths, analysis and problem solving
- Good communication skills, with an ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced, team focused environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Well organised, detail orientated and possessing excellent time management skills with deadline adherence.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for Merchandising. Previous applicants need not apply.