- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is an award-winning, forward-thinking British childrenswear destination with family at its heart.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. Everything we do is inspired by our core values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage, still with a commitment to exceptional personal service and dressing children beautifully.
Reporting to the Facilities Team Leader, you will assist in the smooth running of the Maintenance department. This will include supporting the team on Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance (RM)- and Project work within the company.
- Support Team Leader to monitor and maintain high standards in all work orders and project work
- Deputise in the absence of Team Leader and Co-ordinator for all PPM and RM
- With the administrative and Maintenance Management team, plan the week in advance for all PPM and Projects against available team
- Delegate and assign Upkeep work orders to the team, ensuring they clearly understand the task and have the right tools, resources, support and time to complete
- Prioritise urgent and important tasks or those with a Health & Safety risk and ensure all stakeholders are kept informed
- Supervise and support the team, encouraging collaboration and fair distribution of work. Learn from your team and support them in their growth
- Be a Health & Safety champion, always aware of the consequences of any action on the wider community
- Project planning and management in line with MNT Strategy
- Day to day overseeing of Projects: Including stock control, materials efficiency, costings and cost control, value for money and resource control to minimise impact on other projects
- Daily and weekly checking of all PPM faults in Upkeep, making sure they are being actioned and recorded. Support consistency in the team through follow up and monitoring
- Be part of the on-call rota dealing with emergencies out of hours
- Live and breathe the Childrensalon Values
- Passionate about helping the team and striving to improve
- Ability to organize and delegate tasks to team with a positive and personable attitude.
- Able to trouble shoot instantly and think on your feet whilst keeping H&S at the forefront of your actions
- Clear and constant Health & Safety awareness
- Excellent Project management skills, from planning to completion, against scope, budgets and timelines
- Quality checking, keen eye for detail.
- Trouble shooting, problem solving and finding solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent work ethic and ability to multitask
- Ability to think independently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.