Housekeeping Assistant – Evening Shift
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a Housekeeping Assistant to join our Facilities team, working the evening shift 12pm to 8pm or 2pm to 10pm. As part of our Housekeeping team, you will help keep our head office units tidy and well maintained and as we continue to expand, we seek a talented individual who will grow with us. We are looking for a hard worker who is self-motivated, enjoys a challenge and can take initiative.
- Being a visible and available presence, maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all our kitchens, washrooms, and breakout areas
- Replenishing stock items and responding to department requests for replacements as necessary
- Regularly ensuring all equipment is clean and ready for staff use
- Office and warehouse cleaning including our busy meetings rooms
- Ensuring all communal areas are presented as a welcoming and creative environment
- Regular deep cleaning of all departments timetabled around business needs
- Actively supporting the company’s values to protect the environment through our recycling and cleaning approach
- Looking after our plants to support staff wellbeing
- Support and work with the Facilities department by early notification of any health & safety issues likely to impact staff
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will:
- Good eye for detail
- Be able to maintain a clean and tidy office and warehouse
- Be capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Be a strong team member supporting your colleagues and department
- Have good level of English
- Able to work shifts and weekends
- Have a flexible approach
- Previous experience would be an advantage
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.