Customer Service Returns Assistant
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a full-time Customer Service Returns Assistant to join our fast-paced Customer Service Team. You will be the voice of the Customer in all returns issues and projects and be an expert in all our returns options. You will handle all return related queries for our customers. You will provide advice on the customer’s best option for returning an unwanted item and will form a relationship with the customer to understand the reasons for their return to aid their shopping experience for future orders.
You will be a specialist in the technical elements of our products, know how a product is expected to perform, and you will be able to confidently and concisely communicate this to our customers.
As a valued member of the Customer Service team you will uphold our exceptional customer service standards, putting the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
- Responsible for answering all return-related queries received through chat, email, phone, and social media channels in a timely, efficient and consistent manner while keeping the Childrensalon tone of voice.
- Review return information on both Childrensalon and Outlet websites and our internal systems to ensure the most up-to-date information is shown and is understandable to our customers.
- Be able to confidently communicate to international customers with an understanding of different cultural nuances.
- Have a commercial thought process for all decision-making whilst ensuring a fair resolution for the customer.
- Keep customers’ accounts updated in our internal systems with relevant key information by reviewing the return statutes to make sure they are still relevant.
- Proactively communicate to the customer on any potential return issues.
- Manage our customer expectations regarding return and refund timings and escalate accordingly.
- Review the outstanding exchanges list and contact the customers to find out if they still require the items reserved.
- Liaise with the Product Brand team for any help in dealing with faulty items issues from our customers.
- Regularly update the knowledgebase on all general information that is relevant to the entire department.
- Work closely with the Goods In team to understand any delays due to return shipping issues around the world and communicate this information, to ensure our customers can be made aware.
- Investigate and look for any reoccurring issues with brands/items, feedback to Brand and Merchandising teams.
- Have a general understanding of international shipments and customs, so that this can be communicated to the customer.
- Have a good understanding of our brands and products, the technical aspects of the products and what constitutes a fault or is generic wear and tear.
- Keep yourself updated with the correct returns’ procedure and conditions for the different product types we offer, including information on warranties for relevant products.
- Collaborate with other departments at Childrensalon to ensure anomalies are reviewed and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Be the voice of the customer in all returns processes and improvements, logging customer feedback and issues.
- Collaborate with the other Customer Service Teams to ensure efficient and consistent service throughout.
- Actively live and breathe the Childrensalon values, and act as an ambassador for Childrensalon at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication and listening skills
- IT Proficient
- The ability to remain diplomatic and confidently navigate challenging conversations
- Experience in returns process within an e-commerce company
- Problem solving/decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Experience in serving an international customer.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.