Customer Care Assistant
- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalonis an award-winning, forward-thinking British childrenswear destination with family at its heart.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. Everything we do is inspired by our core values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage, still with a commitment to exceptional personal service and dressing children beautifully.
Due to our growth we are looking for a full-time Customer Care Assistant to join our fast-paced Customer Service team. As Customer Care Assistant you will be part of a multi-lingual customer care team who provides outstanding support to all customers. You will understand cultural nuances and ensure every interaction is personal, maintaining the ethos of the small local boutique store that we grew from. You will focus on building relationships with the customer, taking time to listen to them, and offering the best service to help them.
The Customer Care team will be available for our customers and our Night team, a key component of our customer care team, ensures our customers receive a timely response regardless of where they are in the world.
Your role will be the varied, dealing with a number of customer requests and often being the first point of contact when handling customers queries, escalating these to the relevant team where necessary. You will also deal with time-sensitive requests and collaborate closely with other Customer Service teams and departments to resolve things quickly for the Customer to ensure there are no delays.
- Engage with customers across all platforms and assist them with shopping on Childrensalon.com and Childrensalon Outlet.
- Responsible for answering all general customer care-related queries received through chat, email, phone, and social media channels in a timely, efficient and consistent manner while keeping the Childrensalon tone of voice.
- Review information on both Childrensalon and Outlet websites and our internal systems to ensure the most up-to-date information is shown and is understandable to our customers and our team.
- Have a commercial thought process to all decision-making whilst ensuring a fair resolution for the customer.
- Proactive housekeeping on customer accounts, making sure the customer details are all up to date and they are utilising all benefits of their account.
- Understand cultural nuances of our customers, particularly key celebrations, ensuring key information is updated and readily available to the whole department.
- Understand how to adapt your response to different customers with compassion and care.
- Analyse and understand who our customers are, where they are, what they value and how to engage with them.
- Regularly monitor the customer’s patterns and behaviours in order to be proactive in our ability to effectively serve and engage with our customers.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with world events that may affect our customers around the world, and work proactively to formulate solutions for the team to utilise the information.
- Collaborate with other departments at Childrensalon to ensure anomalies are considered and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Be the voice of the customer in all workflows that directly involve the customer processes, logging customer feedback and issues.
- Work closely with the social media team to ensure responses via social media are timely and inline with Childrensalon voice.
- Collaborate with the other Customer Service teams to ensure efficient and consistent service throughout.
- Actively live and breathe the Childrensalon values, and act as an ambassador for Childrensalon at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication and listening skills
- IT proficient
- Excellent problem solving/decision making
- Keen ability to learn
- The ability to remain diplomatic and confidently navigate challenging conversations
- Experience dealing with an international customer in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with customers in a retail environment
- Commercial Awareness
This is a shift based hybrid working role including weekends, evenings and bank holidays on a rotational basis.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.