- UK, Tunbridge Wells
- Full Time
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
We are seeking a talented Free-Lance Senior Childrenswear Designer to join the team on a flexible basis, this role will require attendance at our head office in Royal Tunbridge Wells, however we do have a flexible approach.
Working closely with the Head of Buying, you will be working on some exciting projects and supporting the team with research, design and the development of the ranges from initial concept through to production.
- Research seasonal trends and develop mood boards, working closely with internal stakeholders
- Design and development of cohesive and consistent collections across different product types
- Work with Garment Technician to produce detailed and comprehensive briefs for fabric mills and garment suppliers
- Innovate and support existing and new block and fit developments working with manufacturers to ensure we deliver the best product
- Research, select and develop new trims, labels etc. in line with the Private Label strategy
- Work with the Buying, Merchandising & Product Development teams to deliver briefs and sampling in line with critical path requirements
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to generate and communicate key product direction and brand ‘handwriting’
- Display an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market and trends
- Travel abroad as-needed, meeting with current and potential manufacturers and fabric mills as well as attend industry and trend expositions
- BA or equivalent in fashion design with strong experience working as a childrenswear designer, preferably in the luxury market.
- Strong eye for product, fabric, colour, fit and trend in luxury childrenswear market
- Proficiency in design software including Photoshop, Illustrator and CAD
- Self-direction; ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change - ability to gain trust, respect and confidence quickly and effectively
- Ability to initiate and build TEC packs
- Experience of working to deadlines as part of a design and product development team
- Passion for product and translate this into unique and commercial product ranges in line with our brand values
- Experience in woven, jersey and knitted garments for RTW, outerwear and accessories
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.