Childrensalon is an award winning, forward-thinking company, specializing in
dressing children beautifully. Established in 1952 and online since 1999.
Childrensalon has grown to become one of the most respected retailers in
children’s luxury fashion and a market leading presence. The company now
boasts an international customer base across 80 countries.
Childrensalon offers excellent customer service and champions both new and
renowned designers, stocking the broadest range of designer children's brands online.
We have an inclusive and supportive company culture, and believe in getting the
right fit when it comes to people joining the company, as much as for them as for
us. We place a high value on people and believe we can offer a fun and friendly
environment to work in, as well as a great place to learn and develop.
If you’re keen to learn more about us and the role, please contact email@example.com, attaching an up to date copy of your CV (or LinkedIn profile), a short description of why you’d like
to apply for the role, and a link to your online portfolio.
We are looking for someone to join our marketing team as a PR Manager who will
help build on Childrensalon’s already established reputation as a market leader in
luxury childrenswear. You will be responsible for increasing brand awareness
within the global luxury market, increasing customer numbers and driving sales, as
well as helping to grow a small team. Reporting to the Brand Director, your PR strategy will be in line with all marketing campaigns,
events and other company activities and you will help promote them to key journalists, the general public and other relevant audiences. You will be creative, have an impressive contacts book, be a dab hand at social media and be passionate about the luxury industry and helping take the Childrensalon brand to the next level.
• Design and implement a Global PR strategy for Childrensalon’s e-commerce website
• Build and maintain media relationships with long-lead, short-lead,mainstream media, trade magazines and blogs, working to secure positive coverage for both the e-commerce site and the store
• Write, edit and distribute press releases and other relevant PR materials to all key contacts and follow up accordingly
• Draft statements and respond to media requests on behalf of Childrensalon as well as company spokespeople
• Secure product placement on a regular basis in all key media worldwide to drive sales
• Work with editorial team to secure and promote newsworthy stories/brand features and exclusive collaborations
• Act as a brand ambassador for Childrensalon
• Keep Leadership team and Marketing Management informed of all activities and press coverage
• Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events and opportunities to appropriate teams
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all PR departments of brands stocked by Childrensalon
• Manage and execute PR events
• Work with Marketing team to devise PR strategy that applies to target cities/publications/customer segments
• Work to proactively build on Childrensalon’s reputation with target audiences, aligning all communications with corporate brand positioning
• Suggest ideas/initiatives to drive customer growth and brand awareness in global markets
Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years in a managerial role within luxury fashion PR
• Excellent communication skills – well-spoken and professional
• Pro-active, creative and good at presenting ideas
• Well organised and efficient
• Strategic and innovative thinker
• Good leadership skills
• Proven track record of placement in media
• Eloquent writing ability